Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The streets around the Apec Hotel, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi


The entrance to the Apec Hotel.



A beer cafe about two doors down from the hotel.



Apartments across the road from the hotel.



The footpath by the lake that I walk along to get to Kim Ma Street.



Where the small road by the lake meets Kim Ma Street. This is the small road. When I use the umbrella I'm very, very careful of the electrical lines overhead. RMIT is located in the white building at the back on the left of the picture.


The car on the left is trying to enter Kim Ma Street. I have to cross this road, and another horrible one, to get to RMIT.



The car has inched in a bit further...



... and it's almost there.



Hundreds of motorcylists as far as the eye can see (maybe an exaggeration), waiting for the lights to change. There are traffic lights further up the road. Several police seem to monitor it during the day. It seems the safest place to cross.

2 comments:

  1. The camera is bit heavy to lug around on my longer walks. When you get here you can carry it for me. ;-). Joking - but if you're happy ...

    ReplyDelete