Total Pageviews

Friday, October 29, 2010

Teaching Week 8 has just finished

I'm not sure what to write - it's been so long since I've put finger-to-keyboard. Victor came for a month and then left early Thursday morning. We had a lovely time trying out a different restaurant almost every night. I don't have cooking facilities so I have to eat out.

I think the density of the traffic and the pollution it causes shocked him. It shocks me every day. One of my colleagues and I were looking up issues on pollution which we can use as teaching materials. The levels of pollution were way above safe levels a couple of years ago and it's a lot worse now.

All the new teachers were observed this week for an hour. It must have been boring and tiresome work for our supervisor as she sat for an hour in each class AND took notes, AND gave us feedback the next day. I was suprised I was as nervous as I was. And of course I had to try out some new ideas, which made my lesson a bit shaky. But my supervisor gave me some ideas for developing that idea further which was great.

We have a special visitor coming to open the new campus in Hanoi. So all the staff have been invited to go to work on Sunday to welcome her in the library. Her name is Julia. They keep changing the time of the official reception; probably for security reasons, and I've forgotten now which was the most recent time forwarded in our emails!!!!

Motorbikes on the footpath. GET ORFF!!!
Photo below taken in the morning, on the way to work.

Last night the footpath outside my workplace was absolutely jammed with motorbikes. I finally made it to the bus stop, and then onto the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment