Total Pageviews

Friday, December 3, 2010

Vase

I found a vase to replace the pot that my tutor smashed.

I'm grown quite fond of it over the past couple of hours that I've had it in my possession. I found an "antique" (who really knows if they are antiques?) store a couple of blocks away. The couple who ran the shop had some lovely shaped pots and vases. In the streets nearby there are lots of brand new replicas, so I think the pots are genuinely old. This pot was originally quoted as US$250. I told the couple I only wanted to spend one million dong (US$50). The wanted me to up my price, but I wouldn't/couldn't. So they man finally said "OK, maybe you will bring us luck. Business is not good lately".

I left the store not knowing whether he had tricked me, or I had ripped him off.

I've used GIMP to take out the background. It's a lovely little pot.







No comments:

Post a Comment